Edward Schreiber edwschreiber at icloud.com
Fri Nov 21 23:10:49 UTC 2014

John:

What inspires and directs our research work on sociatry, the social microscope, are the mystic teachings, and related practices, embedded within the method.   I know you might feel, 'how dare this guy assume there's mystic/existential practices embedded.'  After all, I never met JL Moreno but only studied with his wife Zerka.  And yet with that long study with her, these are the ideas we focussed our work on.

In terms of Moreno the mystic or scientist, he was both.  In fact it was his fusion of the spiritual understanding of the mystic that he fused with his own science to create this great complexity of methods, ideas and practices.  In terms of this embedded existential school, teachings, practices within the method, these are the inspirations we have been so moved by.

"The expansion of the self from the plane of the individual to the cosmic plane will be a realization process of, by and through the self, a movement from the lower plane to the superior plane, the time for each movement equalling that of a historical epoch."
JLM Future of Man's World

"Mankind needs to be educated; education means more than intellectual enlightenment, it isn't emotional enlightenment; it isn't insight only, it is a matter of the deficiency of spontaneity to use the available intelligence and to mobilize his enlightened emotions."
JLM Future of Man's World

In my study with this material, guided and mentored by my trainer and teacher, we have come to realize - in action - what could be considered remedial sociometry - the social microscope.  As I was talking with my friend and colleague today, the idea of remedial is also a way of saying remedy, like a homeopathic remedy.  In the case of the social microscope, this applied remedial sociometric intervention in a group, organization and community, we have had the desire for nearly a decade now to research a way to realize the material which follows in this email, noted below.  So in its essence, social micrscoscopy addresses the following ideas noted below.

On Sunday this week I formally accept a doctorate in divinity and this area of thesis was on these ideas and a method, existential and spiritual in nature, to assist humanity at this critical time, in realizing the primordial nature, a first universe, real and experienced.

I would be happy to continue as some point but now I head to that event in my life and the upcoming holiday.
I would be glad to show the application of the social microscope.

Best,

Ed

- The Problem: The discovery that human society has an actual, dynamic, central structure underlying and determining all its peripheral and formal groupings may one day be considered as the cornerstone of all social science.  This central structure – once it has been identified – is either found or discernible in every form of human society, from the most primitive to the most civilized: it is the genesis of every type of society.  In addition, it exerts a determining influence upon every sphere in which the factor of human inter-relations is an active agent – in economics, biology, social pathology, politics, government and similar spheres of social action.
Sociometry, Experimental Method and the Science of Society
JL Moreno

- Human society has an atomic structure, which corresponds to the atomic structure of matter.  Its existence can be brought into an empirical test by means of social microscopy.  The present human society is a preference system produced, to a considerable extent, by the sociodynamic effect.
Who Shall Survive?
JL Moreno

- Why I chose the course of the theatre instead of founding a religious sect, joining a monastery or developing a system of theology (although they do not exclude one another) can be understoon by taking a view into the setting from which my ideas spring.  I suffered from an idee fixe, from what might have been called then an affectation, but of which might be said today, as the harvest is coming in, that it was by 'the grace of God."  The idee fixe became my constant source of productivity, it proclaimed that thee is a sort of primordial nature, which is immortal, and returns afresh with every generation, a first universe which contains all beings and in which all events are sacred.  I liked that enchanting realm and did not plan to leave it, ever.
The Future of Man's World
JL Moreno

- Our instruments are basically spiritual  and existential, pointing to and supporting the value of the human spirit.
- Instead of looking at mankind as a fallen being, everyone is a potential genius and like the Supreme Being, co-responsible for all of mankind.
- Moreno attributed healing to what is going on silently, mostly invisibly, in the body and deep inside the self, not touched by words but through action, often continuing
      well after treatment.  He termed it due to the 'autonomous healing center' within.
-  Awakening the autonomous healing center, the power to heal onself, is how I see the value of psychodrama and all forms of therapy.
-  My task is to find and touch that autonomous healing center within, to assist and direct the protagonist to do the same.
-  I am merely a guide in the wilderness, clearing away obstacles so protagonists can find their very own path.
To Dream Again
Zerka T Moreno