Psychodrama Needs Evidence Based Research

shelley j korshak sjschicago at juno.com
Sun Nov 30 18:39:13 UTC 2014

last year dan tomasulo began an annual award for the best psychodrama  research....perhaps with a monetary prize...

shelley

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 29, 2014, at 9:53 AM, Bill Wysong <iqwysong at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Psychodrama workshops are getting severely beaten by various evidence-based workshops. A flyer arrived recently highlighting evidence-based trauma treatments and interventions; a two-day, 14 hour, workshop for $400. At the end of the two days the "seminar meets the education requirement when applying to become a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional."
>
> The workshop is advertised by www.pesi.com and given by the International Association of Trauma Professionals (www.traumapro.net) It has a board of directors consisting of three people: and Ed.D, LMHC; a Ph.D, LMHC; and a public board member with an MBA. These very few "experts" can advertise as "evidence-based." ASGPP has many, better qualified people with much greater experience.
>
> Psychodrama desperately needs evidence-based research and I'm at a loss as to what to do. Also I do not have the research skills nor a research group required for the task(s).
>
> This need has been talked about for many years in the psychodrama community, yet nothing has been done. Our community will experience continued deterioration unless we do something.
>
> What can be done? I'm willing to help in any way that I can.
>
> Bill Wysong, MA, LPC, EMDR II, TEP
> Aspen Counseling Center
> 611 N. Nevada
> Colorado Springs, CO 80903
> (719) 632-0771
>
> www.AspenCounseling.com
> iqwysong at gmail.com
> www.PsychodramaCompanion.blogspot.com

What's your flood risk?
Find flood maps, interactive tools, FAQs, and agents in your area.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/547b6452dc19d64517cd4st04duc