Certification

Peter Howie peter at moreno.com.au
Mon Jan 5 01:15:13 UTC 2015

Dear Adam and colleagues,

As a person who has worked in organisations attempting to bring about new solutions there is always the question that needs to be crystal clear - what is the problem that any changes might be trying to solve. This is a very good starting point when working sociodramatically as well. An examination of the context and system through action can identify my things good and bad. Problem identification leads to questions like 'is it true for everyone' or 'who is it true for' or 'how much of a problem is it' and 'who has the energy/warm-up to do something about it'? If something is always going to be delegated to some other committee or executive there had better be someone who owns it on those groups, otherwise it will wither.

One trouble with professional organisations/associations is that many people would like to contribute like they were working for it full time, when in fact it is all done for love and as a voluntary contribution to the organisation and the world at large.

Cheers for the moment

Peter