paper on interpersonal neurobiology

Philip Carter phil.carter at aut.ac.nz
Tue Jan 6 17:28:19 UTC 2015

The further good news is that the ‘social self’ schema in the brain is far more than the empathic mirror neurons. It is highly likely to e the internalised social and cultural atom of the person. It is the physical home of what we concretise if we accurately follow the protagonist’s script (something that is not done so often) and that accurate production has an immediate and profound affect as does external mirroring of a phantom limb. Held consciousness and identity can be released from traumatically frozen memory. And that is without role reversal, doubling, empathy… of course, all those things can have amplifying effects, embedding new and expanded behaviour, and so on. The key bit is accurate externalisation can liberate without doing any of the psychological and psychotherapeutic interventions and meddling that goes on.