Warming Up to Clearwater with this quote:

Adam Blatner adam at blatner.com
Tue Apr 25 18:57:08 PDT 2017

Ah, I see where I jumped several spaces. I didn't lay out the chain of
thoughts that  I assumed as background to mysticism. (Neither did Moreno!)

So, it occurred to me that mind is capable of flights that can be best
thought of in terms of dimensions of mind:
    At the 5th dimension, animals can register some strategy, if I go here
he'll be there if we're both running. Higher animals do this.
    But there's a leap in moving to thinking about thinking---a 6th
dimension, which is to the 5th dimension what the 3rd dimension is to the
2nd. It thickens it. At the 2nd dimension there is no such thing as the
concept of thickness.
      At the 6th dimension, human minds can move to the subjunctive tense,
a bit or a lot of thinking about thinking. That's the frontal lobe. It
considers "If." E.g., If I do this he's likely to do that; or if I did this
other, she might understand me better. Lots of games of humans involve this
strategizing. It's a theory of mind, too. This is the 6th dimension and
most humans can do this.

    The 7th dimension is qualitatively different  It thinks about thinking
about thinking!  Hey, there is logic, there are logical errors,
flaws. There are illusions that'll fool you! Indeed, there are many, many
ways you can be fooled. Stage magic, optical illusions, logic, some parts
of philosophy, anthropology, linguistics. Hey, there are different cultures
and different ways of thinking. Music fools around, fooling around
transcends logic. Not everything is logical. Thinking about thinking.

    But there are at least one---probably more!---dimensions, the 8th
dimension. That is intuitive, immediate, insightful, and really
beyond human ability to explain itself. ​If it does try it can only used
metaphors, figures of speech. It can fool you, be misinterpreted, and more,
a flash of insight can be locked into a doctrine..

    So I'm suggesting that Moreno in his blessed balance of hypomania and
sanity was able to tap into and try to explain his immediate insights,
especially in his Theatre of Spontaneity. He was by no means successful, at
least for most people. I puzzled about it for many years. The
aforementioned theory of dimensionality wasn't about Moreno, mark you, but
it worked to explain his flights of fancy.
      How's that?