simulations and gratitude

shelley j korshak sjschicago at juno.com
Sat Feb 4 14:51:13 PST 2017

adam,

simulations for airline pilots and army troops in the movies make me think "this is practice, not the real deal"...the opposite of psychodrama, in which we generally experience situations as MORE real (awake, aware, insightful, emotionally present) than how we are in ordinary life...

i like "action adventures" and also "relational improv"...i also love your pursuit of an upgraded semantics...

i also love psychodrama.  i am very grateful to ASGPP for first exposing me and then training me. some of my patients love it, and lately for some problems (should i have a child? should i get a divorce? how can i protect myself from my abusive boss?  how can i talk to my husband about my anger? and on and on) psychodrama is far and away the most effective modality...

shelley
sj firestone
312-671-3110

On Feb 4, 2017, at 11:15 AM, Adam Blatner via Members <members at asgpplistserv.org> wrote:

On thinking about the responses from Linda, Shelly, and others, what about simulations? That word, used for more technical problems in medicine or military, may apply to many contexts. -- Adam