simulations and gratitude

Eric Park eric.park6 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 17:23:59 PST 2017

Hi Adam et al,

I run what I call ‘Poverty Simulations’ where up to 120 participants ‘step into’ the role of a family member living in a slum. As director I ‘step into’ the role of slum lord and I have a loan shark, charity worker and shop keepers as ‘cast members’. I have some short video clips showing the process I use at www.simex.org.nz <http://www.simex.org.nz>  . We all then ‘step out of role’ and have a debrief/reflection at the end.

I have taken corporate groups who have experienced virtually the same simulation, run by a companion charity in Hong Kong, and facilitated them taking action in the real world within their spheres of influence. I have a new 2.5 minute overview video at www.Act4Good.org <http://www.Act4Good.org>  , together with client feedback videos, including Microsoft staff who built a computer laboratory in a remote village in Nepal.

Despite the above simulations being a ‘set piece’ enactment, the debrief connects them with real world actions. I am also about to start running more organic and customised ‘simulations’ or enactments with smaller groups. Being new to Psychodrama and Sociodrama last year, I am about to start training this year.

Happy to discuss more.

Eric