Terrific program using Role reversal with opposite deeply invested beliefs and experience

Dan Randow dan at randow.nz
Mon Jan 16 21:21:39 PST 2017

Hi Bud,

I agree that the first two steps of the process appeared to work well. My
interest is in the third step when people did create a war of “I’m right,
you’re wrong” and several walked out.

Actually, I am amazed that the group held together as long as it did. The
disparity between the values in the two subgroups is enormous. If I were
working with diads like that, I would facilitate each step closely, with
regular checking for accuracy. Working with a whole group, I would choose a
set of sociometric criteria that were much less confronting so that the
group warmed up to trust and empathy in a series of small steps.

Yes, it would be great to have work like this happen widely.

Dan

Dan Randow
Collaboration Wrangler
http://randow.nz