Other Applications Sociatry?

Adam Blatner adam at blatner.com
Tue Jul 4 00:32:00 UTC 2017

​sorry for false starts no message, I am still a bit clumsy

Thank you for reinforcing my impressions, Ed. I would suggest that sociatry
change its name because the suffix -iatry partakes of the medical
model---iatros in Greek---which is misleading today---as trends in medicine
are different from 80 years ago.
    But it fits with Moreno's goal that enhanced consciousness might help
us survive.
Augusto Boal's Theatre of the Oppressed also sought a more general goal
through something akin to sociodrama---not the same, but related.
    I  read your point as optimistic---there are methods for raising
consciousness and righting social injustices.
     Yours, Adam