Write an article about a conference you attend

Buds bud.weiss at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 20:06:55 UTC 2017

I have literally been begging Psychodramatist to attend the ISPS conference in Liverpool August 30 through September 3 http://www.isps.org/index.php/conferences-and-events/upcoming-isps-conferences-and-events/item/385-20th-international-congress-of-the-isps

This organization in league with several other international organizations like The Hearing Voices Network https://www.hearing-voices.org/

And Mad in America https://www.madinamerica.com/
Headlining the book by Robert Whitaker "Anatomy of an Epidemic" ( a must read for anyone in the mental health field with several online free talks by Whitaker)  are leading the Mad Pride movement making breakthroughs in the treatment and prevention of persons with significant breakdown/breakthroughs typically diagnosed as psychotic, schizophrenic, bipolar etc . In 2015, over 800 clinicians , heads of major mental health programs and those with lived experiences across the globe came together in an incredible week of powerful presentations and joining.
SADLY, they barely have heard of let alone experienced the therapeutic and theoretical values of Psychodrama and Sociometry which are really at the heart of what this movement is about.
I have previously referenced here one of the recent voice hearers documentaries in which a somewhat primitive brief session was done in an empty chair sort of fashion with one of the leading Voice Hearers , Rachel Waddingham engaging with her most troubling voice and finding significant shift in her experience for the better. (Go to about 53 minutes into the film https://www.google.com/amp/s/beyondmeds.com/2017/05/04/why-did-i-go-mad/amp/

I am begging again for people to attend and of course report back.
One of our great colleagues Dr. John Cason has been working with the Voice hearers for many years http://www.creativepsychotherapy.info/
Please let's join John in this movement. This is a critical juncture in breaking through the old DSM, pharmaceutical paradigm and stranglehold. We must not be left behind.
Be well, Bud Weiss
Sent from my iPhone