Doing auto-dramas

Philip Carter phil.carter at aut.ac.nz
Wed Jun 7 20:56:08 UTC 2017

When I did my body work training in a method called ‘Postural Integration’ we did a thing I called ‘gestalting of body parts’. Using Reichan breathwork (type of spontaneity preparation) and deep tissue Rolfing, clients would get ‘in touch’ with various things in their body-energy fields and we would invite them to tune in there and speak out anything. So, you’d get a great psychodrama going in the body. The left side talking to the right side. The head to the body. The body back. The heart. The little toe. And so on and on. Great fun. It was a relief to join in the work of Dr Kate many years ago and share ideas and experiences on ways to integrate this type of work in with more ‘conventional’ psychodramatic production.