Fwd: Integrating psychodrama

Thomas Treadwell ttreadwe at grouptalkweb.org
Mon Jun 26 19:42:38 UTC 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Thomas Treadwell <ttreadwe at grouptalkweb.org>
Date: Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 3:36 PM
Subject: Re: Integrating psychodrama
To: Adam Blatner <adam at blatner.com>, "Grouptalk list@" <
list at grouptalkweb.org>
Cc: asgpp listserve <members at asgpplistserv.org>, Maria Mellano <
MariaMellano at comcast.net>, Susan Woodmansee <woodmonste at aol.com>

*Adam inquired* "...We need very much to read about these approaches and I
would be willing to help if any help were needed to get these into the
journal! How do action methods or Morenian concepts work synergistically
with other approaches?"

Here is a list of my recent publications integrating other approaches with
'action' and/or 'psychodrama.

Treadwell, T. Dartnell, D., Stenroos, A. (in press) Integrating CBT &
Action Interventions:  A New Short Term Group Model for College Counseling
Centers. *The Pennsylvania Psychologist. 55, xx-yy. *

 Dartnell, D., McConatha, J., Kumar, K. & Treadwell, T. (in press) The
Mourning After: A Group for Bereaved Caregivers. *Journal of the Eastern
Group Psychotherapy Society, Group**.*

Treadwell, T. Dartnell, D. (2017) Cognitive Psychodrama Group Therapy.
*International
Journal of Group Psychotherapy.** 67, *xx-yy.

Treadwell, T. 2016. *Not Just Talk: A Group Therapy Model Integrating
Action Theory and Techniques. *In Scott Simon Fehr (Ed.) *101 Interventions
In Group Therapy 2nd Edtion*. New York: Taylor & Francis/Routledge.

Treadwell, T. Dartnell,D. Travaglini L. Staats, M. & Devinney, K.
(2016). *Group
therapy workbook: Integrating cognitive behavioral therapy with
psychodramatic theory and practice.*  Parker, Colorado: Outskirts Press
Publishing.

Tom

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 3:23 PM, Adam Blatner <adam at blatner.com> wrote:

> Taking off from Rebecca Walters, recent emails,
>    Action methods can be used with CBT, DBT, Internal Family Systems work.
>  We need very much to read about these approaches and I would be willing
> to help if any help were needed to get these into the journal! How do
> action methods or Morenian concepts work synergistically with other
> approaches? Warmly, Adam Blatner
>
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Rebecca Walters <hvpi at hvpi.net> wrote:
>
>> I am very curious about how others have been integrating our methods into
>> methods that are…more mainstream, for lack of a better word. Or more”
>> currently popular.” Susan Woodmanse and I have done it with DBT. Tom
>> Treadwell has done it with CBT. Maria Mellano is doing it with Internal
>> Family Systems. Any one doing it with other methods?
>>

>> Rebecca Walters
>>
>> Hudson Valley Psychodrama Institute
>>
>> 156 Bellevue Road
>>
>> Highland, NY 12528
>>
>> 845/255-7502 <(845)%20255-7502>
>>
>> *Please note new email address: hvpi at hvpi.net <hvpi at hvpi.net>*
>>
>> Visit our website at:  www.hvpi.net
>>

>> Grouptalk mailing list
>> List at grouptalkweb.org

> List at grouptalkweb.org

Thomas Treadwell         Group Cognitive Action Therapy         Computerized
Dept. of Psychology                        \ /
             Sociometry
West Chester Univ.                      __/ \__
              Phone-610-436-2723 <callto:-610-436-2723>
West Chester, Pa.         ttreadwe at grouptalkweb.org               FAX
-610-436-2846 <callto:-610-436-2846>
                                        Grouptalk Listserv
                                     http://grouptalkweb.org