sick role or not

Adam Blatner adam at blatner.com
Mon Apr 2 13:59:33 PDT 2018

excellent response: Exactly, but "therapeutic" means that the doctor knows,
when in fact no one has a fixed answer;  and doctors or psychiatrists don't
know the "answer"----perhaps there is no answer that they can give...
    Can any professional group claim to know the answer to all political
problems?

So even if Moreno did know that sociometry were the "cure" for all that
ails humanity, there is still work to be done to spread it, and it must
transcend the status of "therapy"---which implies (1) that it's medical;
(2) that doctors know how to cure it; (3) that only doctors know, and ALL
doctors know; (4) that only "sick" people need it, not "healthy"
people---and so on. But there are some parts of human life that transcend
the medical model.

Warmly, Adam