Not psychodrama but working from the same human capacities

Peter Howie peter at moreno.com.au
Sat Apr 28 13:45:14 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Some of you may have come across this type of thing: https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2017/11/paying-for-fake-friends-and-family/545060/

It’s where a person hires professional actors to play roles in their lives for a particular reason. Its not the first time this has been done - organisational consultants have often used actors for role play situations. While the ethics of it are interesting and the problems with doing it well may be tricky -= the capacity to do it is certainly in the area that psychodrama dwells in.

I’ve often thought it would be good to have a ‘hire a double’ at times.  Different purpose hiring a double but some of these roles might be similar to Kate’s supportive double. They certainly have some interesting standard roles.

Cheers and I hope ypu have a great time at the conference,

Peter

Dr Peter Howie
peter at moreno.com.au
Director of Training - Brisbane Campus
www.psychodramaaustralia.edu.au
Mobile:  0411 873 851
"I have a vision of vibrant societies of wise revolutinaries
boldly championing the supreme authority of the self-chosen path,
unleashing life everywhere”