connection between surrender and spontaneity

shelley j korshak sjschicago at juno.com
Mon Nov 19 06:51:40 PST 2018

Philip,

i have wondered the same thing about surrender and spontaneity, and your  definition is the spirit of moreno...

but i’m thinking he honored our defenses and character defects (asking “hello jesus...how are you today?”), and he worked to help us transcend them rather than to actively let go of them.

i think his idea was that the surrender will happen effortlessly as we develop spontaneity, so while there is willingness to let go with spontaneity, there is no active letting go...

shelley
shelley firestone
312-671-3110