Surrender and spontaneity

Philip Carter phil.carter at aut.ac.nz
Tue Nov 20 09:43:24 PST 2018

Hello Anne!
Thinking of you brings a smile to me and uplifts my spirits.
Interesting you put allowing in “”. Allowing is a slimy one. A person may think they are doing it. It implies power. Which i imagine is not what you mean, or others when they use it. But it could be. I avoid it.
“surrender” also is tricky. It can have the connotation of giving up in a posture that isn’t willing or conscious or free.
The best word i came up for me when i was with my mother dying and i was in the state of total one mindedness, fully available to myself and to her, without any notion of anything, to do, or not to do, was – available.