connection between surrender and spontaneity

Philip Carter phil.carter at aut.ac.nz
Tue Nov 20 09:55:38 PST 2018

Beautifully said.
In the last sentence “allowing spontaneity… to take hold” is what occurs after the invitation and space co-created to which spontaneity cannot resist, there is an active receiving. Which is why “allowing” is the word because there is some agency there. The big problem is using it re-inforces the dominant discourse of personal agency and making choices which just perpetuates the tyranny of the isolated individual using power over as their main mode and excuse to maintain their shaky egos.