More on surrender and spontaneity

Walter Logeman walter at psybernet.co.nz
Wed Nov 21 17:44:38 PST 2018

Let go — Hold on
Give up — persist
Withdraw — stay present
Retreat — Fight on
Allow — prevent
Choose — discover
surrender to god
surrender to the self
surrender to the enemy
surrender to the breath
surrender all conceptions
surrender to the relationship
surrender to the other
surrender autonomy
accept what is

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

Choice and Agency
Phil Carter... in sociometric test we don't choose - we discover the
truth of the sociometry.  In that investigation the sociometry might
change, but it is the network that shifts... our agency in that is ...

Well, minimal but not nothing.  This is why we re into spontaneity

"Spontaneity operates in the present, now and here; it propels the
individual towards an adequate response to a new situation or a new
response to an old situation. It is… the least developed among the
factors operating in our world; it is most frequently discouraged and
restrained by cultural devices.
Moreno "Who Shall Survive?" :42

Very occasionally we do something new!  We make the world
qualitatively different, against all odds, all the discouragement and
restraints.

*
But enough of abstractions!

Phil, you come in, like it or not,  as a protagonist.

"Now, i got to figure out how to steal the altar bread and run after
my favourite goat who is braying in the desert with both the delight
of escape and intense loneliness."

How is that boy doing?  Did he get the alter bread? Grab it!  Go to
the goat!  I'm cheering him on, not accepting any old outcome or
surrendering to what is - go boy! Be with that goat - Love that goat.
Feel its animal body, its fur, smell its smell. Then maybe surrender
to that love.

Love

Walter On Thu, 22 Nov 2018 at 09:29, Philip Carter