Fwd: [dramatherapylistserv] Associate Director for Urban Improv -- Rehearsal for Life -- Massachusetts
hvpi at hvpi.net
Tue Jul 7 17:05:17 UTC 2020
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Sally Bailey <sdbailey at ksu.edu>
Date: Tue, Jul 7, 2020, 12:45 PM
Subject: [dramatherapylistserv] Associate Director for Urban Improv --
Rehearsal for Life -- Massachusetts
To: Dramatherapylistserv <dramatherapylistserv at googlegroups.com>
Associate Director, Urban Improv
Rehearsal for Life
This position requires passion for creative youth development, and deep
knowledge of applied theatre, social-emotional learning skills,
trauma-informed and culturally responsive practice. The Associate Director
of Urban Improv will have experience working with a range of races,
ethnicities, and cultures and students in under-resourced urban
communities. Rehearsal for Life is an equal opportunity employer.
Position status: Exempt, part-time (.625 FTE)
Salary: $41,000 - $47,000 based on experience
Benefits: Competitive benefits package
Schedule: ~30 hrs week for 43 weeks, late August
through mid June,
Mon-Fri, generally between the hours of 9am-3pm
Below are the responsibilities of the Urban Improv Associate Director.
Please note that given the realities of the coronavirus pandemic, it will
be critical that the Associate Director remain flexible with how tasks are
performed in order to remain responsive and supportive to our partners and
students during this time.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
● Strong alignment with the Rehearsal for Life mission, vision, and
● Demonstrated commitment to anti-racism, diversity, equity, and
● Proven track record as effective manager of creative youth
● 5+ years of service as a teaching artist in a school /youth
● 3+ years experience directing/leading teaching artists.
● 5+ years performing in an ensemble and experience with improv.
● Expertise in applied theatre, social-emotional learning, and
creative youth development.
● Proven ability to influence and motivate others, with a keen
understanding of how to impact individual and group mindset, knowledge and
● Strong oral and written communication skills with a pedagogical
understanding of how to convey complex topics to a variety of audiences
● Strong time management skills, attention to detail, and ability to
manage multiple tasks/priorities
● Experience with digital curriculum and virtual instruction
preferred but not required.
● Bachelor’s degree; relevant advanced degree preferred (Theatre,
Education, Arts Integration).
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to dramatherapylistserv+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the List