No subject

M.K. Hudgins drkatetsi at icloud.com
Fri Oct 1 11:23:45 UTC 2021

Dear Brendan

Thanks for sharing more.  It is good to see the whole from many different ways and w different inputs equally valuable.  Moreno wasn’t very good as seeing others as contributors I don’t think.  His own god complex that he created all.

What I have done with the question where does spontaneity come from is to use role theory n my clinical hat to create the trauma survivors internal role atom in a 3 stage model.

In stage one of scene one of any TSM drama we prescribe roles that are needed n when enacted create a state of spontaneity where the person is in a stable state so they can they face their trauma safely.

There are 8 prescriptive roles… a witness role, the TSM Body n Containing doubles, 3 types of strengths n a manager of defenses.

When you find the right set of roles enacted n em livened anyone can find their state of spontaneity to make new n creative decisions.
While I personally follow the Godhead as originally proposed by Mario… we have found a way to concretize spontaneity… regardless of where it actually comes from.

As Moreno said…. The self emerges from the roles we play.  Teaching people the skills to stay in the present with resources through prescriptive roles is a clinical path to guide all Psychodrama’s n many people now enroll strengths whereas that surely was not the case when TSM first developed 1992-1995.

Nice to have some interesting talk on Grouptalk.

Thanks Ed for getting it started.

Kate

Kate Hudgins, Ph,D, TEP
Therapeutic Spiral International