2022 psychodrama conference online March 30-April 30 -- here is info!

realtruekaren at gmail.com realtruekaren at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 21:18:45 UTC 2022

Hello dear psychodrama friends,

It is with excitement that we announce the annual professional conference of
the American Society of Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama, taking place
online March 30 to April 3, 2022, with the theme Here and Now. If you want
to explore using experiential methods in your practice and get continuing
education credits, this is the conference for you.

Psychodrama is the method for people acting out their life stories: such as
the past, the present, and future issues; concretizing fantasies that help
in manifesting opportunities for growth and healing of emotional wounds; and
entering a process that is both embodied and somatic.

We have a great line up of 65 workshops presented by top trainers, with
tracks on trauma healing, eating disorders, addictions treatment, education
and social justice, along with continuing education credits for most
disciplines. You are invited to explore one day, one workshop, or the whole
conference, with special discounts and group rates for early bird sign-ups,
students, psychodrama trainees, and veterans.

Psychodrama can be beautifully incorporated with Internal Family Systems,
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance Commitment Therapy, and other
theoretical approaches. It brings alive programs, models, and practices like
the Twelve Steps, inner child work, yoga, creative arts therapies, social
change, social justice activism, and organizational management. Sociometry,
its sister method, offers tools to make connections and networks within
groups that support meaningful relationships.

Wednesday, March 30 offers in-depth pre-conference workshops on a variety of
topics. The evening reception celebrates our 80th year with a wonderful
historical storytelling event plus introductory and specialty workshops open
to the public for a nominal fee - perfect for those who cannot attend the
whole conference.

Thursday to Sunday, March 31 to April 3 Look for keynote speaker Leticia
Nieto, Psy.D., LMFT, TEP, discussing roles of social advantage and social
marginalization, and an inspiring plenary talk by Sammy Rangel, MSW, CSAC,
co-founder of Life After Hate, which works to challenge white supremacy, and
founder of a support group for formerly incarcerated people, plus morning
and afternoon workshops.

Wednesday through Sunday for lunch, meet up with new and old friends in
dedicated Zoom rooms focused on themes and hosted by presenters, trainers,
or groups interested in chatting, networking and eating together.

On Saturday night April 2 we will celebrate dance styles and music through
the 80 years of the organization's existence - from the 1940s until Here and
Now - when silliness and play prevail.

Brochure information and registration now available at:

https://asgpp.org/events/here-now-2022-asgpp-conference/

We look forward to seeing you and would so appreciate you forwarding this
information to colleagues, friends, coworkers, trainees, students and other
interested people.

Karen Carnabucci, LCSW, TEP

Lancaster School of Psychodrama & Experiential Psychotherapies

Alternative psychotherapy, training, groups & classes

(Currently online)

**Sign up for the psychodrama conference March 30-April 3 here
<https://asgpp.org/events/here-now-2022-asgpp-conference/> .

Liberty Place

313 W. Liberty St., Suite 263

Lancaster, PA 17603